Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Small Steps You Can Take to Living a Healthier Life


You may have heard the expression “How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.” Or How do you take a long journey? One step at a time. So how can we change our lifestyles to live healthier? Same way, one little step at a time. The first thing we need is awareness. Hence I am writing this blog to help educate folks on the bad things we do and eat without even thinking about it. But old habits die hard. We automatically reach for the salt shaker or that coke. It is pretty well known that it takes 21 days to break or create a new habit.


I suggest we do new things one habit at a time instead of a complete across the board clean sweep of old habits. For example, I gave up Breakfast sausage about 10 years ago. It was just one step toward eating less fat. It took a while to quit missing it but now I have no desire for such an unhealthy product. I’ll admit, I am having a hard time entirely quitting coffee. What I do is drink green tea five days a week and then the coffee becomes a Saturday, Sunday treat.

Some things have been easier to do. I have not eaten at McDonalds for quite a while. All it took was watching the movie “Supersize Me”. CLICK HERE to see this movie for free. Maybe you will see fast food in a new light.

High Fructose Corn Syrup is in just about everything these days. I have been working hard on eliminating it from my diet. But this has proven difficult. All restaurant chains serve it up in some fashion or another. Fruit juice which seems healthy on the surface is loaded with processed sugars. So I try to make almost all the food I eat. This way I can control the amount of processed sugars my family and I are eating. If you can’t eliminate it completely, how about moderation.

How about you take one step starting right now. Commit to eliminating one bad food from your diet. Maybe Coke or Diet Coke. Maybe donuts or candy. Just quit. You will miss it for a while. But your resolve will make it easier to take the next step. If you want to exercise more, start by going on a walk with a special person in your life. You get exercise and quality time with a loved one. Don’t delay – Start Today!!

4 comments:

  1. Very thoughtfull post on wellness. It should be very much helpfull


    Thanks,
    Karim - Creating Power

    ReplyDelete
  2. What we have been warrior shoes sale traditionally brought up to expect out of the school district warrior shoes is all set to change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best way to warrior shoes shorten travel times is by taking warrior shoes sale domestic flights within China.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Online shops for warrior shoes have definitely changed the way we shop.

    ReplyDelete