Ode on Beta Carotenes (or the color orange)
I don’t want to sound mean, In fact I’d like everyone to be lean,
So I am here to tout beta-carotene!
I wish my friend Bugs Bunny was here to tell
The colour Orange is oh so swell
It comes in lots of
varieties, many you’ll know
Carrots, Apricots, Cantaloupe
and the Sweet potato
The two best are Crude Palm Oil and Apricots
As well as potato chips and hot dogs (just kidding, actually
they’re not)
Pineapple, Oranges, Pumpkins and squash
Very few of these do you need to wash
Not all carotenes come with and orange tint
Some come in yellow, green and red, that’s just a hint
Radish, spinach, turnips and beets
Sorry but not all of these are my favorite treats.
Corn, Peppers, Berries and Bran
Oh my! That’s way cool man!
What are the benefits, you might say
The simple answer is vitamin A
It helps with Skin immunity, cancer and eyes
So many more they reach the skies
You may not like all these vegetables, this I knew.
But get rid of those processed foods and try a few.
Just A
little warning - When eating these things, eat lots of leafy greens
This way
you'll stay away from an O.D. of carotenes
You might just find that these fruits and veggies are not so
bad
Just a couple everyday and you’ll sure be glad.

No comments:
Post a Comment