Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wellness Warrior Has 3 pet peeves (#1)

I am Dean. A Wellness Warrior. This is my very first post. I need to get a few pet peeves out of the way then I am going to work hard at presenting Wellness in a very positive light.

So Here is number 1: Feel Free to Comment

A wellness warrior understands that health and wellness go beyond seeing a doctor when something is wrong with you. It is a lifestyle based on good eating habits, exercise and spiritual fulfillment to create a healthy environment for oneself. I know a few wellness warriors and I am going to employ their help in a series of articles I am about to write. My son, Ian, is a wellness warrior. I am grateful to him for opening my eyes to the dangers of common foods that we buy in our grocery store. The people of Zrii are wellness warriors. They are helping to create a mindset of health, wellness and prosperity and I am very happy I found them.

I want to warn my friends and family about 3 poisons we buy on a daily basis. Things like nutra-sweet (aspartame), paraffin and high fructose corn syrup. I will provide recipes for easy, fun healthy eating so we all may begin to get on the path to wellness. I will have links to pages that help encourage us to start thinking outside the box. I am not here to badmouth doctors. There is a place for modern medicine and we all may need the service of a doctor. But doctors like pills and pills have side effects. Wellness is the art of living healthy and if problems occur, getting to the root of the problem and changing our habits to get better. High blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease are all symptoms of life styles that are bad for us. A pill goes to the symptom. Wellness has you create new habits for better living.

Pet Peeve number 1. Diet Soda. Folks, this is a poison. Please stop drinking it!!! Ironically the “diet” in diet soda fools the body into thinking that there is sugar in the system. Then the pancreas starts secreting insulin, even though there is no sugar. On top of that you are drinking chemicals when you drink diet anything. Has anyone seen the ingredients in a diet coke? No. And if you did you would need a chemist to tell you all the bad stuff you are drinking. So why do we drink it? Some think there is no harm in it but they have been fooled by marketing. Some feel a need for effervescence. OK drink a real coke. At least we know that there is sugar, and some syrup in one. Mix club soda with fruit juice. Do anything but PLEASE stop drinking diet. Don’t just believe me. Look it up. There are plenty of articles about the dangers of diet sodas.

Think outside the box. Change your habits. New habit number one: No more diet sodas.

1 comment:

  1. Light also denotes a product that has artificial sweeteners.

    ReplyDelete